Heaven Enough

Heaven Enough by [La Salle, Ken]
I love this story not just for what it is, but for what it made me. I read it the day I was down in the dumps and that one reading changed my whole viewpoint. Hence, if I sound biased, I am truly sorry.

The protagonist goes through the same pain I underwent a few years ago, hence it was easy for me to empathise. Life is difficult and everything turns topsy-turvy, but when you start realising that there was more to the person who went away, your world comes crashing down. There are so many facets a person can happen but maybe one gets so bogged down by mundane activities that these are often skipped; worst part, you start introspecting only after the person has gone.

Ken has a way with words. They don't strike a chord with the heart, they touch your soul. A very powerful writing style. It is not imageries they bring to mind but memories of days gone by in one's life that start running parallel to that of the protagonist. This book brings out emotions. I cried as I kept reading, first with pangs of pain in my heart and thereafter with a sense of hope. Maybe Heaven is not enough to know a person in one lifetime. 

The protagonist embarks on a journey of discovering his dead wife and on the way he re-discovers himself and alongside he takes me along too on my own journey of introspection. The way Ken has weaved other characters to cross their paths in his journey is beautiful. Each person has a role to play in shaping the life of the protagonist and influencing the reader alongside. 

To sum up, I can only say "thank you". This poignant story has touched my life in ways I cannot explain because it is exactly what I am going through right now. It helps you cope up with loss of dear ones and gives a hope that this life journey and continuous search for unanswered questions or unnoticed happenings is a way to self-discovery. 

P.S- Thank you Ken for teaching that the pain of separation and grief will be less if each person learns to notice more, appreciate more and live more. 




Popular posts from this blog

Tainted Lionheart

Nina's Memento Mori

Secret Magic: Evie Everyday Witch