The Bad Girl

There are stories that leave an imprint in the hearts and minds of the readers. This book did just that for me. I read it in one session but the story never left me or my mind for the next few days.

The plot revolves around a girl who has to fight every odd that comes her way in order to survive. This story is about vulnerabilities, relationships and finding a home. It is a journey of self-discovery, of goodness and love.

Donsky's writings appeal to every sense that exists. It made me feel pain, hear the silent tears, see the scenes in my mind. It brought out every emotion within me. I felt I was a part of the story but in no postion to help out the protagonist. Narration is beautifully crafted and language is simple and easy to understand.

The author has worked wonders with characterisation. Every character has an important role to play in the story. The icing on the cake is the protagonist through whom the story is revealed.

Life can be strange. People tend to judge a person without realizing the pain he or she must be going through. Donsky Levine does full justice with her story by bringing out this aspect well. The author has also subtly brought out that goodness is always rewarded and good-hearted people see the goodness in others no matter what.

To sum up, this story is worth reading every time you lose faith in yourself or feel life is unkind. It is excellent, awesome, amazing. A definite must read.

P.S-Thank you Maxine and Booklover Catlady Publicity for letting me read an amazing novella in exchange of an honest opinion.

Popular posts from this blog

Tainted Lionheart

Nina's Memento Mori

Secret Magic: Evie Everyday Witch